- 4.5.1 Using GetSchema on a Connection
- 4.5.2 Using MySqlCommand
- 4.5.3 Using the Windows Native Authentication Plugin
- 4.5.4 Writing a Custom Authentication Plugin
- 4.5.5 Using Connector/NET with Table Caching
- 4.5.6 Using the Connector/NET with Prepared Statements
- 4.5.7 Accessing Stored Procedures with Connector/NET
- 4.5.8 Handling BLOB Data With Connector/NET
- 4.5.9 Asynchronous Methods
- 4.5.10 Using the Connector/NET Interceptor Classes
- 4.5.11 Handling Date and Time Information in Connector/NET
- 4.5.12 Using the MySqlBulkLoader Class
- 4.5.13 Using the Connector/NET Trace Source Object
- 4.5.14 Binary/Nonbinary Issues
- 4.5.15 Character Set Considerations for Connector/NET
- 4.5.16 Using Connector/NET with Crystal Reports
- 4.5.17 ASP.NET Provider Model
- 4.5.18 Working with Partial Trust / Medium Trust
MySQL Connector/NET comprises several classes that are used to connect to the database, execute queries and statements, and manage query results.
The following are the major classes of Connector/NET:
MySqlConnection: Represents an open connection to a MySQL database.
MySqlConnectionStringBuilder: Aids in the creation of a connection string by exposing the connection options as properties.
MySqlCommand: Represents an SQL statement to execute against a MySQL database.
MySqlCommandBuilder: Automatically generates single-table commands used to reconcile changes made to a DataSet with the associated MySQL database.
MySqlDataAdapter: Represents a set of data commands and a database connection that are used to fill a data set and update a MySQL database.
MySqlDataReader: Provides a means of reading a forward-only stream of rows from a MySQL database.
MySqlException: The exception that is thrown when MySQL returns an error.
MySqlHelper: Helper class that makes it easier to work with the provider.
MySqlTransaction: Represents an SQL transaction to be made in a MySQL database.
In the following sections, you will learn about some common use cases for Connector/NET, including BLOB handling, date handling, and using Connector/NET with common tools such as Crystal Reports.