Table of Contents [+/-]
- 10.1 General Installation Requirements [+/-]
- 10.2 Migration Overview [+/-]
- 10.3 Conceptual DBMS Equivalents
- 10.4 Microsoft Access Migration
- 10.5 Microsoft SQL Server Migration [+/-]
- 10.6 PostgreSQL migration [+/-]
- 10.7 MySQL Migration
- 10.8 Using the MySQL Workbench Migration Wizard [+/-]
- 10.9 MySQL Workbench Migration Wizard FAQ
MySQL Workbench provides the ability to migrate ODBC-compliant databases to MySQL.
Convert (migrate) different database types, including MySQL, across servers
Convert tables and copy data, but will not convert stored procedures, views, or triggers
Allows customization and editing during the migration process
Works on Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows
This is not an exhaustive list. The following sections discuss these and additional migration capabilities.
Setup may be the most challenging aspect of using the MySQL Workbench Migration Wizard. There is the installation section, which describes setting up ODBC requirements for Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows, and the Database Product Specific Notes section that references setup conditions for each RDBMS.