MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual
MySQL 8.0 Release Notes
Table of Contents
- 2.1 Security Guidelines
- 2.2 Keeping Passwords Secure
- 2.3 Making MySQL Secure Against Attackers
- 2.4 Security-Related mysqld Options and Variables
- 2.5 How to Run MySQL as a Normal User
- 2.6 Security Considerations for LOAD DATA LOCAL
- 2.7 Client Programming Security Guidelines
This section describes general security issues to be aware of and what you can do to make your MySQL installation more secure against attack or misuse. For information specifically about the access control system that MySQL uses for setting up user accounts and checking database access, see Chapter 3, Postinstallation Setup and Testing.
For answers to some questions that are often asked about MySQL Server security issues, see Appendix A, MySQL 8.0 FAQ: Security.