Table of Contents [+/-]
- 5.1 Connecting to MySQL Using Connector/Net
- 5.2 Creating a Connector/Net Connection String [+/-]
- 5.3 Using MySqlCommand
- 5.4 Using Connector/Net with Connection Pooling
- 5.5 Using the Windows Native Authentication Plugin
- 5.6 Writing a Custom Authentication Plugin
- 5.7 MySQL Fabric Support
- 5.8 Using Connector/Net with Table Caching
- 5.9 Using the Connector/Net with Prepared Statements [+/-]
- 5.10 Accessing Stored Procedures with Connector/Net [+/-]
- 5.11 Handling BLOB Data With Connector/Net [+/-]
- 5.12 Asynchronous methods
- 5.13 Using the Connector/Net Interceptor Classes
- 5.14 Handling Date and Time Information in Connector/Net [+/-]
- 5.15 Using the MySqlBulkLoader Class
- 5.16 Using the MySQL Connector/Net Trace Source Object [+/-]
- 5.17 Binary/Nonbinary Issues
- 5.18 Character Set Considerations for Connector/Net
- 5.19 Using Connector/Net with Crystal Reports [+/-]
- 5.20 ASP.NET Provider Model
- 5.21 Working with Partial Trust / Medium Trust [+/-]
Connector/Net comprises several classes that are used to connect to the database, execute queries and statements, and manage query results.
The following are the major classes of Connector/Net:
MySqlCommand: Represents an SQL statement to execute against a MySQL database.
MySqlCommandBuilder: Automatically generates single-table commands used to reconcile changes made to a DataSet with the associated MySQL database.
MySqlConnection: Represents an open connection to a MySQL Server database.
MySqlDataAdapter: Represents a set of data commands and a database connection that are used to fill a data set and update a MySQL database.
MySqlDataReader: Provides a means of reading a forward-only stream of rows from a MySQL database.
MySqlException: The exception that is thrown when MySQL returns an error.
MySqlHelper: Helper class that makes it easier to work with the provider.
MySqlTransaction: Represents an SQL transaction to be made in a MySQL database.
In the following sections, you will learn about some common use cases for Connector/Net, including BLOB handling, date handling, and using Connector/Net with common tools such as Crystal Reports.