- 14.17.1 JSON Function Reference
- 14.17.2 Functions That Create JSON Values
- 14.17.3 Functions That Search JSON Values
- 14.17.4 Functions That Modify JSON Values
- 14.17.5 Functions That Return JSON Value Attributes
- 14.17.6 JSON Table Functions
- 14.17.7 JSON Schema Validation Functions
- 14.17.8 JSON Utility Functions
The functions described in this section perform operations on JSON
values. For discussion of the
data type and additional examples showing how to use these
functions, see Section 13.5, “The JSON Data Type”.
For functions that take a JSON argument, an error occurs if the
argument is not a valid JSON value. Arguments parsed as JSON are
val are not parsed.
Functions that return JSON values always perform normalization of these values (see Normalization, Merging, and Autowrapping of JSON Values), and thus orders them. The precise outcome of the sort is subject to change at any time; do not rely on it to be consistent between releases.
A set of spatial functions for operating on GeoJSON values is also available. See Section 14.16.11, “Spatial GeoJSON Functions”.