If you are a Mac developer, interested in a new professional challenge and like what we have done with MySQL Workbench so far, please consider applying for our open position in the Workbench team.We are looking for an Objective-C / UI coding wunderkind who is also not easily scared by C++.
You can be located anywhere around the world, only hard requirements are that you are comfortable with working from home, have a decent internet connection and are not too far from an airport.We would be happy to have you on the team.
More details about the job below. To speed up the hire process please send your CV toÂ email@example.com. We are preferring people with open source background so please do not forget to include links to your open source work.
Sun Microsystems is looking for a strong Mac UI developer with in-depth knowledge of Objective-C, C++, X-Code and the Mac OS X 10.5 operating system. Responsibilities will include ownership of upcoming Mac versions of the MySQL Workbench product, user interface design and integration with C++ backend as well as extensive unit- and UI testing.
Sun Microsystems, the developer of the world’s most popular open source database MySQL, is looking for a Software Engineer to join a growing team of professionals. Â The ideal candidate must have excellent experience in Mac application- and user interface development with X-Code using Objective-C as well as good C++ knowledge.Join the #1 open-source software company, with great benefits, competitive salary, the flexibility to work from home, and the experience of interacting with a worldwide, multi-cultural workforce!
- Take responsibility for Mac versions of the MySQL Workbench product
- Design and develop sophisticated Mac user interfaces
- Work on the integration of C++ back-end implementation and Objective-C UI code
- Develop and maintain automated unit-/UI- tests on the Mac platform
- Minimum 6+ years hands-on Software Development on the Mac platform with strong focus on UI development work
- Strong background in database technologies and previous experience in maintaining/administrating or developing for DBMS systems (MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2 and others)
- Strong background in SQL (experience developing applications using complex SQL structures), scripting languages (Lua / Python)
- Ability to define, create, document and verify testing methods and results
- Strong knowledge of the Mac operating system with in-depth experience of the current APIs found in OS X 10.5
- Strong knowledge in Database concepts
- Ability to work independently and remotely with limited supervision
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience with C#/.Net and extensive knowledge of scripting languages Lua, Python, Ruby
- Experience on the Linux platform
- Background in QA methodologies and experience using UI test automation tools