C API (libmysqlclient) is a client library for C development.
For C-language and SQL:
- for MySQL 8.0, 5.7, 5.6, 5.5
- we recommend MySQL 8.0 C API
For C-language and NoSQL XDevApi DocStore:
- for MySQL 8.0 [not applicable to 5.7, 5.6, 5.5]
- we recommend MySQL Connector/C++ 8.0
- note: Connector/C++ 8.0 has compatible C headers
C API (libmysqlclient) is included in MySQL 8.0
- Linux: The Client Utilities Package is available from the MySQL Community Server download page.
- Repos: The Client Utilities Package is available from the Yum, APT, SuSE repositories.
- Windows: The Client Utilities Package is available from the Windows Installer.
Previous GA versions are available from MySQL Product Archives.
Please report any bugs or inconsistencies you observe to our Bugs Database.
Thank you for your support!