WL#12604: emphasis output of router executables for better readablity
MySQL Router and its tools present output to users sometime overwhelm the user with information.
To make it easier for a human to see which information is important, the output should:
- emphasis important information and sections
- use consistent coloring of ERROR cases
and fallback to "no annotation" if the output-channel is not a aware of ANSI ESC sequences.
apply colors and emphasis to
- all --help output for
- Colors MUST only be output if the target is a TTY that supports it.
- Output is "markdown"-like and uses the "headings" for sections.
- Headings are highlighted with "Bold"
- Errors are marked as "Red"
- Success in router's bootstrap is high-lighted in "Green"
Usage: mysqlrouter_plugin_info <mysqlrouter_plugin_file> <plugin_name> # Examples Print plugin information: mysqlrouter_plugin_info.exe "c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Router 8.0\lib\routing.dll" routing # Options -V, --version Display version information and exit. -?, --help Display this help and exit.