MySQL Workbench & Utilities
MySQL open source software is provided under the GPL License.
OEMs, ISVs and VARs can purchase commercial licenses.
MySQL Workbench provides DBAs and developers an integrated tools environment for:
- Database Design & Modeling
- SQL Development (replacing MySQL Query Browser)
- Database Administration (replacing MySQL Administrator)
- Database Migration
MySQL Utilities provides a collection of command-line utilities for maintaining and administering MySQL servers, including:
- Admin Utilities (Clone, Copy, Compare, Diff, Export, Import)
- Replication Utilities (Setup, Configuration)
- General Utilities (Disk Usage, Redundant Indexes, Search Meta Data)
- MySQL Utilities 1.4 (available under Development Releases) includes MySQL Fabric - a framework to manage sharding and High Availability amongst pools of MySQL Servers
- And more