Table of Contents
- 20.1 Binary Log Overview
- 20.2 High-Level Binary Log Structure and Contents
- 20.3 Source Files Related to the Binary Log
- 20.4 Generating Browsable Binary Log Information
- 20.5 Event Classes and Types
- 20.6 Event Meanings
- 20.7 Event Structure
- 20.8 Binary Log Versions
- 20.9 Event Data for Specific Event Types
- 20.10 Row-Based Binary Logging
- 20.11 Additional Resources
This chapter describes the MySQL binary log, which contains information about data modifications made to a MySQL server instance.
Most of the information here applies equally to the relay log used on replication slave servers because a relay log has the same format as a binary log.