- 22.16.1 Indexing Overview
- 22.16.2 Getting Index Information During CREATE TABLE Operations
- 22.16.3 Creating Index Keys
- 22.16.4 Parsing Key Information
- 22.16.5 Providing Index Information to the Optimizer
- 22.16.6 Preparing for Index Use with index_init()
- 22.16.7 Cleaning up with index_end()
- 22.16.8 Implementing the index_read() Method
- 22.16.9 Implementing the index_read_idx() Method
- 22.16.10 Implementing the index_read_last() Method
- 22.16.11 Implementing the index_next() Method
- 22.16.12 Implementing the index_prev() Method
- 22.16.13 Implementing the index_first() Method
- 22.16.14 Implementing the index_last() Method
Once basic read/write operations are implemented in a storage engine, the next stage is to add support for indexing. Without indexing, a storage engine's performance is quite limited.
This section documents the methods that must be implemented to add support for indexing to a storage engine.