Table of Contents [+/-]
- 19.1 Binary Log Overview
- 19.2 High-Level Binary Log Structure and Contents
- 19.3 Source Files Related to the Binary Log [+/-]
- 19.4 Generating Browsable Binary Log Information
- 19.5 Event Classes and Types [+/-]
- 19.6 Event Meanings
- 19.7 Event Structure [+/-]
- 19.8 Binary Log Versions [+/-]
- 19.9 Event Data for Specific Event Types [+/-]
- 19.10 Row-Based Binary Logging
- 19.11 Additional Resources
This chapter describes the MySQL binary log, which contains information about data modifications made to a MySQL server instance.
Most of the information here applies equally to the relay log used on replication slave servers because a relay log has the same format as a binary log.