This is the User Manual for the MySQL
Cluster Manager, version 1.4.8. It documents
the MySQL Cluster Manager Agent and
MySQL Cluster Manager Client
software applications, which can be used to administer
MySQL NDB Cluster, a version of the
System (referred to hereafter as “MySQL
Server” or simply “MySQL”) that incorporates
NDB storage engine for high
availability and data redundancy in a distributed computing
This Manual applies to MySQL Cluster Manager 1.4.8 and contains information that may not apply to older versions of the MySQL Cluster Manager software. For documentation covering previous MySQL Cluster Manager releases, see MySQL Documentation: MySQL NDB Cluster, on the MySQL website.
MySQL Cluster Manager features. This manual describes features that may not be included in every version of MySQL Cluster Manager, and such features may not be included in the version of MySQL Cluster Manager licensed to you. If you have any questions about the features included in your version of MySQL Cluster Manager, refer to your MySQL Cluster Manager license agreement or contact your Oracle sales representative.
MySQL Cluster Manager, MySQL Server, and MySQL NDB Cluster features. This manual contains certain basic information about MySQL Server and MySQL NDB Cluster; however, it is not in any way intended as an exhaustive reference for either of these products.
Current versions of MySQL NDB Cluster compatible with MySQL Cluster Manager are based on
versions 7.5 and 7.6 of the
storage engine; these versions of MySQL NDB Cluster are known as
“MySQL NDB Cluster 7.5” and “MySQL NDB Cluster 7.6,”,
respectively. MySQL NDB Cluster functionality varies between MySQL NDB Cluster
releases; MySQL Cluster Manager cannot supply or emulate MySQL NDB Cluster features that
are not present in the version of the MySQL NDB Cluster software in use.
For information about MySQL NDB Cluster 7.6 and 7.5, see MySQL NDB Cluster 7.5 and NDB Cluster 7.6.
MySQL Cluster Manager 1.4 supports MySQL NDB Cluster 8.0 on an experimental basis only, and should not be used with MySQL NDB Cluster 8.0 in a production environment. Some examples of MySQL 8.0 features that are not supported are listed here:
--upgradeoption for mysqld.
SET PERSISTstatement for persisting system variables.
If you do not have the MySQL Server and MySQL NDB Cluster documentation, you can obtain it free of charge from the MySQL Documentation Library, on the MySQL website.
For notes detailing the changes in each release of MySQL Cluster Manager 1.4, see MySQL Cluster Manager 1.4 Release Notes.
For legal information, see the Legal Notices.
For help with using MySQL, please visit the MySQL Forums, where you can discuss your issues with other MySQL users.
Licensing information. This product may include third-party software, used under license. See the MySQL Cluster Manager 1.4 License Information User Manual for licensing information, including licensing information relating to third-party software that may be included in this release.
Document generated on: 2023-03-29 (revision: 75245)
Table of Contents
- Preface and Legal Notices
- 1 Overview of MySQL Cluster Manager
- 2 MySQL Cluster Manager Installation, Configuration, Cluster Setup
- 2.1 Obtaining MySQL Cluster Manager
- 2.2 Supported Platforms and MySQL NDB Cluster Versions
- 2.3 MySQL Cluster Manager Installation
- 2.4 MySQL Cluster Manager Configuration File
- 2.5 Upgrading MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3 Using MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.1 mcmd, the MySQL Cluster Manager Agent
- 3.2 Starting and Stopping the MySQL Cluster Manager Agent
- 3.3 Starting the MySQL Cluster Manager Client
- 3.4 Setting Up MySQL NDB Clusters with MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.5 Importing MySQL NDB Clusters into MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.6 MySQL NDB Cluster Backup and Restore Using MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.7 Backing Up and Restoring MySQL Cluster Manager Agents
- 3.8 Restoring a MySQL Cluster Manager Agent with Data from Other Agents
- 3.9 Setting Up MySQL NDB Cluster Replication with MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.10 NDB Cluster Downgrades Involving Logical Downgrades of MySQL Nodes
- 4 MySQL Cluster Manager Client Commands
- 4.1 Online Help and Information Commands
- 4.2 MySQL Cluster Manager Site and Agent Commands
- 4.2.1 The
- 4.2.2 The
- 4.2.3 The
- 4.2.4 The
- 4.2.5 The
- 4.2.6 The
- 4.2.7 The
- 4.2.8 The
- 4.2.9 The
- 4.2.10 The
- 4.2.11 The
- 4.2.12 The
- 4.2.13 The
- 4.2.1 The
- 4.3 MySQL Cluster Manager Package Commands
- 4.4 MySQL Cluster Manager Cluster Commands
- 4.4.1 The
- 4.4.2 The
- 4.4.3 The
- 4.4.4 The
- 4.4.5 The
- 4.4.6 The
- 4.4.7 The
- 4.4.8 The
- 4.4.9 The
- 4.4.10 The
- 4.4.1 The
- 4.5 MySQL Cluster Manager Configuration Commands
- 4.6 MySQL Cluster Manager Process Commands
- 4.7 MySQL Cluster Manager Backup and Restore Commands
- 4.8 MySQL Cluster Manager Cluster Importation Commands
- 5 MySQL Cluster Manager Limitations and Known Issues
- A Attribute Summary Tables