Deprecated release. MySQL Cluster Manager 1.3 has been superseded by later releases that add new features and incorporate fixes to bugs found in previous MySQL Cluster Manager releases; users of MySQL Cluster Manager 1.3.6 should upgrade as soon as possible. Thus, this document is archival in nature, and no longer actively maintained. Information about the most recent MySQL Cluster Manager release can be found at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-cluster-manager/en/.
This is the User Manual for the
Manager, version 1.3.6. It documents the
MySQL Cluster Manager Agent and
MySQL Cluster Manager Client software
applications which can be used to administer
MySQL Cluster, a version
of the MySQL Database
System (referred to hereafter as “MySQL
Server” or simply “MySQL”) that incorporates
NDB storage engine for high
availability and data redundancy in a distributed computing
This Manual applies to MySQL Cluster Manager 1.3.6 and contains information that may not apply to older versions of the MySQL Cluster Manager software. For documentation covering previous MySQL Cluster Manager releases, see MySQL Documentation: MySQL Cluster, on the MySQL website.
MySQL Cluster Manager features. This manual describes features that may not be included in every version of MySQL Cluster Manager, and such features may not be included in the version of MySQL Cluster Manager licensed to you. If you have any questions about the features included in your version of MySQL Cluster Manager, refer to your MySQL Cluster Manager license agreement or contact your Oracle sales representative.
MySQL Cluster Manager, MySQL Server, and MySQL Cluster features. This manual contains certain basic information about MySQL Server and MySQL Cluster; however, it is not in any way intended as an exhaustive reference for either of these products.
Current versions of MySQL Cluster compatible with MySQL Cluster Manager are
based on versions 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4 of the
NDB storage engine; these versions
of MySQL Cluster are known as “MySQL Cluster NDB
7.2,” “MySQL Cluster NDB 7.3,” and
“MySQL Cluster NDB 7.4,” respectively. MySQL
Cluster functionality varies between MySQL Cluster releases;
MySQL Cluster Manager cannot supply or emulate MySQL Cluster features that are
not present in the version of the MySQL Cluster software in use.
For complete information about MySQL Server and MySQL Cluster, please refer to the appropriate version of the MySQL Manual: For information about MySQL Cluster NDB 7.3 and 7.4, see MySQL NDB Cluster 7.3 and NDB Cluster 7.4.
If you do not have the MySQL Server and MySQL Cluster documentation, you can obtain it free of charge from the MySQL Documentation Library, on the MySQL website.
For legal information, see the Legal Notices.
For help with using MySQL, please visit the MySQL Forums, where you can discuss your issues with other MySQL users.
Licensing information. This product may include third-party software, used under license. See the MySQL Cluster Manager 1.3 License Information User Manual for licensing information, including licensing information relating to third-party software that may be included in this release.
Document generated on: 2020-10-20 (revision: 67773)
Table of Contents
- Preface and Legal Notices
- 1 Overview of MySQL Cluster Manager
- 2 MySQL Cluster Manager Installation, Configuration, Cluster Setup
- 2.1 Obtaining MySQL Cluster Manager
- 2.2 Supported Platforms and MySQL Cluster Versions
- 2.3 MySQL Cluster Manager Installation
- 2.4 MySQL Cluster Manager Configuration File
- 2.5 Upgrading MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3 Using MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.1 mcmd, the MySQL Cluster Manager Agent
- 3.2 Starting and Stopping the MySQL Cluster Manager Agent
- 3.3 Starting the MySQL Cluster Manager Client
- 3.4 Setting Up MySQL Clusters with MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.5 Importing MySQL Clusters into MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.6 MySQL Cluster Backup and Restore Using MySQL Cluster Manager
- 3.7 Backing Up and Restoring MySQL Cluster Manager Agents
- 3.8 Setting Up MySQL Cluster Replication with MySQL Cluster Manager
- 4 MySQL Cluster Manager Client Commands
- 4.1 Online Help and Information Commands
- 4.2 MySQL Cluster Manager Site and Agent Commands
- 4.2.1 The
- 4.2.2 The
- 4.2.3 The
- 4.2.4 The
- 4.2.5 The
- 4.2.6 The
- 4.2.7 The
- 4.2.8 The
- 4.2.9 The
- 4.2.10 The
- 4.2.11 The
- 4.2.12 The
- 4.2.13 The
- 4.2.1 The
- 4.3 MySQL Cluster Manager Package Commands
- 4.4 MySQL Cluster Manager Cluster Commands
- 4.5 MySQL Cluster Manager Configuration Commands
- 4.6 MySQL Cluster Manager Process Commands
- 4.7 MySQL Cluster Manager Backup and Restore Commands
- 4.8 MySQL Cluster Manager Cluster Importation Commands
- 5 MySQL Cluster Manager Limitations and Known Issues
- A Changes in MySQL Cluster Manager
- B Attribute Summary Tables