This document details the Python development API available in the MySQL Shell to:
- Configure and administer InnoDB Cluster instances through the Admin API.
The offered functionality is enclosed in some modules and as well as in some global objects automatically available when the MySQL Shell starts.
- The mysql module contains a lightweight development API to interact with MySQL Servers using a classic session.
- The mysqlx module contains a complete development API to interact with MySQL Servers using a session throuhg the X Protocol.
- The shell global object gives access to general purpose functions and properties.
- The dba global object allows performing DBA operations using the MySQL X AdminAPI.
- The session global object is available when a global session is established.
- The db global object is available when the global session is established using a default database.