- 4.1.1 Subcommands
- 4.1.2 Standard Options
- 4.1.3 Connection Options
- 4.1.4 Server Repository Options
- 4.1.5 Backup Repository Options
- 4.1.6 Metadata Options
- 4.1.7 Compression Options
- 4.1.8 Incremental Backup Options
- 4.1.9 Partial Backup Options
- 4.1.10 Single-File Backup Options
- 4.1.11 Capacity Options
- 4.1.12 Options for Special Backup Types
The following sections describe the different modes of operation for the mysqlbackup, then explain the applicable options for each mode, and the purpose and operation of each option. For the sets of options that are typically specified together for the various backup and restore tasks, see Section 4.1.1, “Subcommands”.
The mysqlbackup command follows MySQL standard practice for handling duplicate options, whether specified in a configuration file, on the command line, or both. Options are processed first from configuration files, then from the command line. If an option is specified more than once, the last instance takes precedence.