- 2.1.1 C/C++ Coding Guidelines of MySQL Server
- 2.1.2 How We Maintain the Server Coding Guidelines
- 2.1.3 Indentation and Spacing
- 2.1.4 Naming Conventions
- 2.1.5 Commenting Code
- 2.1.6 Header Files
- 2.1.7 Additional Suggestions
- 2.1.8 Suggested Mode in emacs
- 2.1.9 Basic vim Setup
- 2.1.10 Another vim Setup
- 2.1.11 Example Setup for ctags
We use Git for source management.
You should use the TRUNK source tree (currently called "mysql-trunk") for all new developments. To download and set up the public development branch, use these commands:
git clone https://github.com/mysql/mysql-server.git mysql-trunkshell>
git branch mysql-trunk
Before making big design decisions, please begin by posting a summary of what you want to do, why you want to do it, and how you plan to do it. This way we can easily provide you with feedback and also discuss it thoroughly. Perhaps another developer can assist you.